Protecting Your Privacy
At Shopsimba.com, we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors (yep, we mean you). The Shopsimba.com team members are customers themselves, of both Shopsimba.com and other internet sites – so we totally appreciate and respect how important privacy is. If you have any questions about how we Protect Your Privacy, drop us a line at [email protected]
You decide what and how you hear from us. We protect your privacy and your rights through the use of the European Commission’s standard data protection clauses. More information about these is available here https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32010D0087
If you have any questions about how we Protect Your Privacy, contact us at e-mail: [email protected]
1.What personal information is collected?
1)Your name and contact details
2)Your date of birth information
3)Your gender information
4)Your payment information
5)Your contact history with us
6)Your purchase history and saved items
7)Information about your phone or laptop
8)Your IP address and location data
9)Information from accounts you link to us
10)Your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions
2.How we use your information？
We use these information :
1)To deliver your purchases to you
2)To send you service messages and our new products and services by text, e-mail, SMS or through our app, such as order updates
3)To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Shopsimba.com
4)To provide product recommendations
5)To ensure we are giving you what you want
6)To take payment and give refunds
7)To perform our contract with you
8)To provide customer service and support
9)To improve our website and set default options for you
10)To enable you to log into our website simply
11)To make it easier for you to use www.shopsimba.com
You don’t have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy from the site, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
- About marketing message:
If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email, text, to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products. You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
1)Through your account settings
2)By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email
3)By contacting our Customer Care team
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. Please note that, as Shopsimba.com comprises a complex web of many inter-connecting services, it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates or where you have expressed an interest in an activity at Shopsimba.com).
- About keeping your information:
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
- About your rights:
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
1)The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
2)The right to access the personal information we hold about you
3)The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do most of this through My Account)
4)The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
5)The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through My Account, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
6)The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
7)The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the US, the Information Commissioner’s Office
- About cookies:
1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
2) Site analytic cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on Shopsimba.com, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
1) Companies in the Shopsimba.com group, as sometimes different bits of our group are responsible for different activities (especially licensed ones)
2) Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
3) Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business
4) Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
5) Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us), Marketplace sellers where you place an order, and PayPal where you choose to use their payment service
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
- Seeing adverts for shopsimba.com online
We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target Shopsimba.com banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of Shopsimba.com (for example, your Shopsimba.com search history, and the content you read on Shopsimba.com) or on Shopsimba.com banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
- Changes to how we Protect Your Privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the Shopsimba.com website or other Shopsimba.com services, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use Shopsimba.com.
10.How to contact us
We always want to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better).
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice;
- Would like us to stop using your information;
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint;
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Care team, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
You can contact our privacy team by dropping us a line at [email protected] or else through Customer Care via the Shopsimba.com website.
Email: [email protected]